I have been out of town visiting my boyfriend since last Wednesday, and he has moved into a house with three of his fraternity brothers since the last time I saw him. It was an interesting weekend being around all these new people. One of the suggested blogging topics was about a time when you were especially happy. This weekend was probably the best weekend I have had in a long time. I’ve been extremely stressed out with school and my living situation that I just couldn’t handle being here any longer. I have been homesick and lonely, and I just needed to get out.
I had met one of the three roommates before, so I got to get to know all three of them very well. I loved being around all of them: they are so funny and carefree. Brandon, whom I have known for a while, is awesome. He and I became friends the last time I was down there, and we have tons of fun around each other. I had never hung out with Burnet and Cody before, but they ended up being just like Brandon and I are around each other. I was glad we all got along (and there was not much drama) because I did not need any more added stress to my life at the moment.
The whole weekend was absolutely amazing. I was visiting for Sigma Phi Epsilon’s Red Garter Formal, and at first, there were some issues with the planning committee and we were completely confused, but it ended up being extremely fun. The first night I got into town, we just hung out doing basically nothing. It was the most relaxing day I have had in such a long time. I got to play with Daniel’s puppy, Tex, and that’s basically all I did.
The next few nights were all apart of the formal. We were doing so many things, that there was no time to feel stressed out about anything. It was a much-needed “vacation”. I met so many great friends, and I cannot wait to go back to visit them all again. Now that I am back at TCU, all I want to do is be done. It’s like I have this burden put back on me, and I can’t shake it. It’s not at all that I don’t like TCU (because I love it) but it is just the fact that I’m starting to get real burnt out of working and doing school stuff; I just want to be back home in Fresno with all of my friends and be able to not do anything all day long.
All I have to make it through is 4 days of finals, and then I will be done. Let the countdown begin…

No comments:
Post a Comment